Research Laboratory of Intelligent Systems
"Research Laboratory of Intelligent Systems" (LabIS) has been founded in February 2004. Our research has been pursued in particular in the area of multi-agent systems within the project No. 1ET101940420 "Logic and Artificial Intelligence for multi-agent systems" supported by the program "Information Society" of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
The research activities of LabIS cover the area of Artificial intelligence, Knowledge and Process management, in particular from the logical point of view. We deal with investigating current methods as well as developing new ones, namely methods and systems based on a rigorous logical framework, which lay emphasis on the integration of syntax as well as an adequate fine-grained semantics. As a result, major research activities covered by LabIS can be summarised as follows:
- Multi-agent Systems;
- Logical Analysis of Natural Language;
- Specification Languages Based on Natural Language;
- Knowledge Representation;
- Inference Machines;
- Non-monotonic Reasoning and Belief Revision;
- Process Management, Control and Coordination;
- Process Simulation and Prediction;
- TIL-Script development.